Thursday, July 21, 2011

Playing Catch Up

To get my blog started I will give everyone a little preview of where my life is right now. As far as school goes I am going to be starting my junior year at OSU in about a month. I am so excited to be back in Stillwater!! I am living with great girls, and I will finally be back in the same town as my boyfriend. To be back in a town where everyone stays up late, and there is actually somewhere to eat at two in the morning. Gotta love college life! My dad, Ruby, Lendall, Cassie, and Emrie all went and helped me move my stuff in this week so I will be back in Stilly before I know it. 


For those of you who did not know I have been dating a guy named Jared for the last 4ish months. We met four years ago at Super Summer, but we were at two totally different points in our life so it just did not work. I could not ask for a better guy to be in love with. Jared has been in Denver, CO all summer for an internship. It has been a great experience for him, but I am ready for it to be over because this being 11 hours apart and only seeing each other four times all summer is not my favorite. Regardless of where we are we know now that we will not let anything come between us. 

Other than Jared being away this has been a great summer. I have been working for my mom, my dad, at Bravo's every once in a while, and then it seems like when I am not doing one of those things I have a niece or nephew around to take care of. I love getting to spend extra time with my family. Cassie and I have set up a pretty good routine and that is that we stay up and watch all of our many shows every night before bed. I will definitely miss that time once I go back to school. So far this summer I have been to Texas, Colorado, Alabama, and Louisiana. We had an awesome family vacation in Alabama and Texas. I went to Colorado to move Jared in for the summer, but next weekend I will be headed up there for a little vacation time in the Rockies. My trip to Louisiana was for the annual National Junior Brangus Show. It was by far the best week of the summer!! I love my Brangus family, and because of that fact I chose to stay on the board as ex-officio for another year. 

There has been some heart ache this summer. While I was gone to Louisiana my dog Stoney was ran over. It has been a rough week, and not being here when it happened made it even worse. A dog is by far the least selfish thing on earth. It doesn't matter what you do they will always love you. Stoney was my first dog apart from my family. The last year and a half he has been the one consistent thing in my life. No matter where I was living, or who I was with he didn't care as long as he was with me. It has been a hard adjustment to life without him, but I know without a doubt that everything happens for a reason. My family, Jared, and friends have been amazing throughout the whole thing. I really don't know what I would do without them. There really is nothing as important as the people that you love.....

No comments:

Post a Comment